OEM Cartridge - An OEM Cartridge is one made by the Original Equipment Manufacturer, or OEM. If you own a Hewlett-Packard Laserjet printer, then the Hewlett-Packard brand is the OEM cartridge for your printer
Compatible Toner Cartridge - A compatible toner cartridge is made by a 3rd party manufacturer and is made up of all new compatible parts. It is similar in quality to a OEM cartridge.
Remanufactured Toner Cartridge - A remanufactured toner cartridge is when a remanufacturer takes an original oem cartridge, disassembles it, tests and replaces any worn parts, fills it with toner and re-assembles.
:: What is Page Yield?
Page yield is the number of pages that you can print with a printer cartridge. It is also known as ink / toner cartridge yield. Page yield is one of the factors you should consider when purchasing a printer cartridge. Some printer cartridge manufacturers use general terms such as standard yield or high yield to describe the cartridges, but each printer cartridge model should have a page yield (the number of pages it can print under standard conditions). It gives the consumers an estimate of the cost per page (CPP) for that cartridge. Other than page yield, you should also consider factors such as the price, print quality, reliability, warranty, etc. when purchasing a printer cartridge.
:: Payment Information
We accept MasterCard, VISA and American Express.
We charge the corresponding sales tax for each Province and Territory; depending on the destination of the shipment.
We currently use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to safeguard your information, including your credit card number, during online transactions.
:: Shipping Information
Orders placed before 3pm PST are usually shipped the same day. (Monday - Friday).
ONLY $7.95 Flat Rate Ground Shipping per Order (not per item). No handling fees.
We ship via Fedex and USPS depending on the type of order. We do offer Next-Day Express Air shipments. See rates during the checkout process.
:: How to Buy
Very easy! You have two options. 1.- Add item quantities on the right side of the page and then click on the big red "Add to Cart" button located at the bottom and top of the list of products. 2.- Click on the item link and buy from the item page.
Let us share some background before we get to the action about the Brother DCP-1000. With a flatbed design this printer also allows you to copy and scan. It is a great laser printer that could be used in various scenarios such as home office use, as well as for medium size business use. As you probably know laser printers tend to handle large volume printing very well without having to replace the cartridge too fast.
There are two parts of the installation procedure. You will need to replace the toner cartridge and also the drum unit but not necessarily at the same time. Usually drum units should last through 4 – 6 toner cartridges but the exact timing will depend on different factors such as type of paper, temperature, type of toner used, number of pages per print job, humidity, etc. Keep in mind that to maximize the longevity of the Brother DCP-1000 drum unit you should always keep the printer clean, dust-free and with plenty of ventilation.
Brother DCP-1000 Drum Unit Installation & Replacement Steps
• Handle the drum unit very carefully when removing because it has toner. It is a good idea to clean the machine every time you take out the drum unit.
• Do not unpack the new drum unit until you are immediately ready to insert into the printer. Something you need to avoid is to have it exposed to excessive direct sun light or regular lighting because it could damage the unit.
• Both the toner cartridge and drum unit can scatter toner when undergoing installation. If you get toner on your hands or clothes wipe immediately or wash with cold water.
• Let the machine cool of before replacing the unit. Be careful because some internal parts might be extremely hot. BE CAREFUL
Now you are ready to install the Toner Cartridge and Drum Unit just follow the next steps:
1) Turn off the printer.
2) Open the cover by pulling the lever toward you and lifting the cover and open it completely.
3) Remove the empty drum unit. Make sure to have a large piece of cloth or newspaper to place the drum unit in order to avoid dripping and scattering of the toner.
4) Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit. If you are not replacing the drum and only the toner make sure you follow steps to
5) To remove the toner cartridge gently run the lever on the toner counterclockwise until it stops. It will not allow you to remove it if the lever is not completely to the front.
6) Unpack the new toner cartridge and place the used one into the aluminum bag to dispose of it properly.
7) Rock the new cartridge gently from side to side several times and after remove the protective seal.
8) Slide the new toner cartridge into the opening on the right side of the drum unit.
9) To make sure they fit correctly use the guide arrows in the toner and drum unit. They need to be exactly aligned in order for them to fit.
10) Turn the lever on the toner cartridge gently clockwise until it stops.
11) Reinstall the drum unit inside the DCP 1000 printer and close the scanner cover.